New project, new career opportunity: “FAMILYDEMIC” is looking for an Assistant Professor
FACULTY OF POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
(Department of Policy Research Methodology),
is looking to fill the position of Assistant Professor, within the project Short and long-term effects of the COVID-19 outbreak policy responses on partners’ division of paid and unpaid work and their labour market outcomes, funded by the Polish National Science Centre, grant no. 2020/37/B/HS5/02703 (Principal investigator: dr hab. Anna Kurowska, prof. UW).
The candidate should meet the conditions set out in the Law on Higher Education and Science Act of 20 July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85 as amended) and in the University of Warsaw Statute (Resolution No. 443 of the UW Senate of 26 June 2019 on the adoption of the UW Statute, UW Monitor of 2019, item 190).
Conditions of the competition:
– a doctorate in economics, sociology, political science or a related discipline, preferably with a focus on labour market, family and/or gender inequalities;
– experience in carrying out quantitative empirical research on family, labour market, social inequalities (including gender inequalities) and/or public policies, confirmed by publications in reviewed international journals from the JCR list;
– excellent knowledge of modern statistical data analysis techniques and statistical packages (e.g. STATA, R or similar), excellent analytical skills;
– experience in working with large data sets (experience with longitudinal data, data validation or data harmonisation will be an advantage);
– interest in project-related topics, excellent knowledge of theory and empirical literature in the field of family or labour market research;
excellent communication skills;
– fluency in English.
– knowledge of Polish is not required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
– conducting empirical research on the impact of policies introduced in response to COVID-19 on gender inequalities in work and family responsibilities, in collaboration with the Principal Investigator and her deputy (Prof. Anna Matysiak), using European comparative survey data
(EU-LFS, EU-SILC) as well as specially collected data from the Familydemic Survey.
The tasks include, in particular:
– harmonisation of the international Familydemic dataset;
– preparation of data from the Familydemic Survey and other international comparative datasets;
– conducting literature review;
– conducting empirical research;
– developing policy indicators and context indicators;
– participation in writing scientific articles;
– assisting a doctoral student in carrying out a project;
– presenting results of the project at international conferences;
– participating in research activities and events organised under the project;
– participating in research activities and events organised by the LABFAM team.
1. an application to the Rector of the University of Warsaw with a statement of consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes necessary for the recruitment process in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000),
2. an academic curriculum vitae with information on scientific achievements and a list of publications,
3. copies of two selected scientific publications,
4. a letter of recommendation from an academic staff member with the title of associate/university or
5. a personal data form (to be downloaded from the UW website),
6. a certified copy of doctoral diploma,
7. a statement by the candidate confirming that he/she has read and accepted the rules governing competitions for the position of academic teacher,
8. information on processing of personal data – information clause and consent clause.
The competition consists of two stages. On the basis of the documents submitted, the Selection Committee will choose candidates who will be invited to an interview, which is the second stage of the competition. The interviews will be held in the first half of June 2021.
The competition is the first stage of recruitment procedure for the position of academic teacher, as defined in the Statutes of the University of Warsaw, and its positive outcome constitutes the basis for further proceedings.
Applicants will be notified of the competition results by e-mail.
All documents should be submitted by post or in person to the Dean’s Office of the Faculty, Auditorium Building, ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, room 216 until 2 June 2021. The competition will be concluded at the latest by 21 june 2021.
Number of posts: 1
Term of employment 3 years
Working hours: full time
Monthly salary: PLN 7300-7700 gross, depending on qualifications and professional experience + an annual bonus (about one monthly salary).
Questions about the project should be addressed to:
email@example.com – content related questions;
firstname.lastname@example.org – organisational/technical questions